Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb. Frugal and Yes it is Feb already!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Still eating from last year's garden from the freezer.
    Ditto. Tonight all but 2 spaghetti squash from our 2019 garden. I found 1 small squash spoiled so I'm roasting the remaining tonight. We will eat them for several meals until they are all in our tummies Those 2 spaghetti squash will be good in another week!

Super cool thing just happened, frugal wise--I bought a men's jacket for rug hooking wool and it had a little pin on it, and found the pin by Googling, as to what it was, and found an article by someone who collects them--it is U of M memorabilia, and contacted him and he is buying it for me, and my rug hooking wool will be free!

That’s great Tybee. We are 2 weeks late doing our monthly grocery shopping so will do it soon and only spend half of what we normally do. Still have food in the freezer and pantry.

Yppej
    Returned suede cleaner that did not work to DSW. Neither when purchasing it or returning it did I buy anything else there.

Someone is coming to pick up two big moving boxes of selvages to use in her crafts. Even giving her the book that shows how to make them into things. Also donating more DVDs to the library. They have little value on Ebay and take too much time to list. Have another box of crafty stuff going to a craft group and an exchange table at retreat. Finally one more box of paper decorative items to go to a class making cards and other items.

Also two big black garbage bags of clippings and other items of no value that filled up my filing cabinet. Some were 30+ years old. Feels good.

Wow, two bags of clippings from filing cabinet. That is a LOT, good for you.

I think I will go through a file box today and see if I can do some burning--but am going to make husband do it with me, as these are joint files, and we are both finding it helpful to get on same page with what we are storing.

We got rid of four garden tools together, and I counted and sorted everything as part of our shed organization project, so now we know what we have, and if we get anything new, something old has to go.

Yppej
    I went to a Macy's that was going out of business and did not buy anything as I felt everything was overpriced for clearance merchandise.

A couple of years ago, I went to the final week of a Macy's clearance sale and was surprised to find some terrific tops in my size for over 70% off. One was even $3. Even the sales person was surprised. I liked one top so much and it was so comfortable that I ordered two more. But it was hit or miss and the first discounts are pretty minor.

Tybee, I don't want to end up like my Dad with 25 pickup loads of paper to dispose of or a library of worthless technical out of date books. With all the new streaming services, we have started to seriously cull our DVD collection.

We had gone out to eat Friday night to celebrate my sister's birthday, Mom's treat. Last night, we heated up the leftovers for dinner and it was really good and we didn't waste anything.

Thread Information