Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you do anything differently once we're back to normal?

We keep a bottle of sanitizer in the door pocket and I use that before i get in the car and touch anything. Same as I do now as soon as I come out of a store.

Born in L.A.-NYC 2nd Home-Rustbelt is home base
    OP...

No hand shaking.

Little pleasures like having the topless girls at the mardi gras rub their boozies on you when you get a hug are probably gone.

I will stock more masks and disinfectant wipes. Both of whcih I neglected.

More whole wheat flour. Whole wheat flour has been out in my local for 4 weeks. (Funny how wheat berries here are double the price of the WW flour.)

But all this presouppsoes that the virus will be gone. Good chance there is no respite from CV, the virus may be year round and no vaccine. Time will tell.

Everything changed for me during this event. My way of living, my feelings of "all" media and government and things that I assumed were always there for me such as medical care, running to store to grab that one item, toilet paper, freedom and choices, believing that my friends and loved ones held the same thoughts....This event has Changed me more than the last 59 years of my life and forming who I was.
    So with these changes that happened to me, Most everything afterwards will be the New Normal for me, I will not return to my old way of thinking or doing very much of anything. I think that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am using disposable gloves at the pump.
    me too!

I use up plastic grocery bags using them at the pump. Save the gloves for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I use up plastic grocery bags using them at the pump. Save the gloves for something else.
    I don't take plastic from stores so there isn't any here. 1 glove at the pump.

Here the stores have forbidden all use of reusable bags.

Here the stores have forbidden all use of reusable bags.
    I shop at a "bag your own" store. I keep the bag in my cart and fill it there so my bags don't touch the belt or counter at all. Trader Joe allows your own bag if you bag your own in the cart-same way. I have been to each store twice since our shelter-in-place order.

At Costco, I place each item in my cart with scan code up. Checker can scan everything touchless-they thank me.

I know it sounds like a lot of shopping-I shop for 3 seniors in 2 homes plus our needs.

My grocery pickup uses plastic bags and they only put 2-3 items in each bag! Drives me crazy! I have more plastic bags in the house than ever. I think I'll stow some back in the cars and use as gloves, etc. as needed. Excellent suggestion. Thanks.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Well, I did that too, last time.

Thread Information