Page 46 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

A Scottish forfar bridie and mac and cheese. Mmmm!!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Leftover roasted turkey leg, leftover cabbage, leftover broccoli. It's Friday at our house...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Just put the making for the first beef stew into the crockpot. If I'm motivated by dinnertime, I may make some biscuits to go with it. Can't wait for the smell to start permeating the house.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Potstickers, if I get around to them...

Actually, I made this soup and it's awesome. I'm definitely adding it to the repertoire. However, I didn't put beans in it (only because a couple of people in my family don't like beans, but I love them, so I would have put them in) and I also swapped out tortellini for ricotta cavetelli because DH doesn't like tortellini. Also, I used diced tomatoes instead of crushed. I like diced better because it less thick and more brothy

It's a great one-dish meal!!!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...i-soup-recipe/
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Actually, I made this soup and it's awesome. I'm definitely adding it to the repertoire. However, I didn't put beans in it (only because a couple of people in my family don't like beans, but I love them, so I would have put them in) and I also swapped out tortellini for ricotta cavetelli because DH doesn't like tortellini. Also, I used diced tomatoes instead of crushed. I like diced better because it less thick and more brothy

It's a great one-dish meal!!!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...i-soup-recipe/
    I figured out that the missing ingredient is 6 cups of broth. It does sound really good.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Out of the freezer: 1 bag of wild rice, 3 small bags of sauted greens (kale, chard, beet). https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Brown-...132#directions

It was tasty. We'll do it again in the future.

zoodles and shrimp, maybe some broccoli.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Trying to make a decent "dinner" before work (to be eaten about 2 pm before going in), which will also mean something is there for dh when he gets home. Today was pan-cooked thin chicken breast fillets with sauteed turnip greens and chunky mashed potatoes & turnips.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Ooh, the turnips sound so good.

Thread Information