Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A little OCD

Geila
    Also in the paralysis by analysis camp. A motto that I find comforting, though I don't know if it has been particularly effective, is: Perfection is the Enemy of Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Also in the paralysis by analysis camp. A motto that I find comforting, though I don't know if it has been particularly effective, is: Perfection is the Enemy of Done.
    Agree. When I had my organizing business, I'd tell people done is better than perfect.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I too over-analyze and plan. If I did more DOING and less PLANNING to do, I'd be in much better shape, lol. I like the motto, Geila!

Luckily I never get stuck in the planning phase. I like things done.

I need to be more like you, TT. I am soooo constrained by opportunity cost. Once I've decided, all I can think of is all those other options that are now closed to me. ARG!

My sister gets stuck too and I have never understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I need to be more like you, TT. I am soooo constrained by opportunity cost. Once I've decided, all I can think of is all those other options that are now closed to me. ARG!
    Fortunately, I can accept that there are several equally good choices in life for the same issue. I can choose path A and still look at Path B as having some good parts to it and I miss those good parts, but I am content with Path A.

Except when it comes to kitchen cabinets, countertops and tile. Right now. Ha Hah Hah Hah Hah! I’m in a swirling quandary of choices. White kitchen? Blue kitchen? Blue marble? White marble?
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-8-20 at 9:57pm.

I'm not OCD, I just kinda don't care enough. If I make a decision it is DONE! Forever. We've had this house nearly 30 years. Always hated the dining room light fixture. We'd look at Home Depot or a lighting shop now and then.....I last maybe 5 minutes? I saw one online in April. Hub said sure. It's hanging there. DONE! Forever.

I'd be happy to have someone come replace the flooring for me. I don't analyze. I just don't care enough to choose.......

G, that’s probably why you don’t get sick of your pictures). I am fussy about my home and love to pick stuff out. Of course once you buy expensive things like flooring, cupboards, etc you better love it because it’s not getting replaced. I worked with someone that replaced her bedroom curtains and comforter every year or two for the newest styles. I always thought that was such a huge waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I'm not OCD, I just kinda don't care enough. If I make a decision it is DONE! Forever. We've had this house nearly 30 years. Always hated the dining room light fixture. We'd look at Home Depot or a lighting shop now and then.....I last maybe 5 minutes? I saw one online in April. Hub said sure. It's hanging there. DONE! Forever.

I'd be happy to have someone come replace the flooring for me. I don't analyze. I just don't care enough to choose.......
    Same here. DH said “we” should change a decoration. I said, “sure, go ahead”. The same is still there. IMO It takes too much time to figure out what is “perfect” for decorations. I don’t care enough to keep changing. Evidently he doesn’t either???

I worked with someone who also continually changed her bedroom. She had 20 bed covering sets on the top shelf of her walk in closet. To me ... what a waste of money. Here we have one for summer and one for winter. Everything in the room matches for both... nothing else is changed.

Thread Information