Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mass vaccination events?

mass vaccination events?

I am signed up for a nearby mass vaccination event coming up and wondering if anyone here has gotten their shots at one? I wish I could just go to the doctor's office and get one but this was the only place I found availability.

My sister and BIL who live in NC went to a mass event fairly close and were impressed with how well it was all managed for both jabs. No complaints at all.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I did the drive thru one here in Oakland. They've been doing about 6500 jabs/day since early february. When it first opened they were disorganized with long lines of cars. When I went last week they were super organized and very professional. Within 10 minutes of arriving I was being poked. Fifteen minutes after that I was headed home.

I would be thrilled to attend a mass vaccination event--especially a drive-through, as i try to avoid doctors' offices whenever possible.

Well...just this morning there have been J & J adverse reactions at a few of the mass sites and they are shutting them down. Mine isn't until Sunday but we'll see how this plays out in the next day or so.

That's interesting Pinkytoe. I had to wait for the J&J due to possible adverse reactions and being turned down for the Pfizer. Mine went off without a hitch. I'll be interested to hear what is happening.

The National guard ran the one I went to and it was fast and efficient. It was a drive through.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I am signed up for a nearby mass vaccination event coming up and wondering if anyone here has gotten their shots at one? I wish I could just go to the doctor's office and get one but this was the only place I found availability.
    I'm volunteering at an indoor site (electronic records). 13 vaccine stations and 900+ patients per day.

There are several other large sites in town. We all are following safety protocols, managing social distancing, mandatory mask without exception.

Are your concerns addressed if that site is doing the same?

This one is run by Centura; I have no idea what their reputation is for doing things right. Honestly, I am a bit concerned about the J & J vaccine with their recent manufacturing flub and the adverse effects. Because of some bad medical experiences in the past, I am phobic about shots, procedures etc. I am leaning towards canceling and going with the Pfizer since it seems to be available everywhere.

I was happy to do the drive through. No large building with lots of people sharing my airspace. And I didn’t have to deal with finding parking, etc. the only potential downside I can think of is inclement weather. In Sam Diego they had to shut down for a couple hours a few weeks ago because of lightning.

Thread Information