Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Mask Free Thing

Yppej

First Mask Free Thing

What is the first thing you want to do when masks are no longer required, if you live in an area with a mandate?

I was diagnosed with central serous retinopathy a couple years ago and want to go for the follow up appointments I have missed as well as a routine eye exam. While the practice is open the last time the appointment took hours and wearing a mask that long would be extra difficult for me. It involved wait in waiting room, wait in exam room, meet with physician"s assistant, wait for testing machine #1, take first test, wait for testing machine #2, take second test, wait in exam room, meet with eye doctor, more time with physician's assistant, wait to and then check out and make next appointment. Call for a ride since my eyes were dilated and wait for the ride. The wait for the ride part could be outdoors mask free now.

Put on lipstick and smile at people.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Required or not, I've already taken long walks, been to the dentist (obviously no mask while work being done), drive in my car, do my gardening, etc. without a mask. And, required or not, there are times and occasions where I will continue to wear a mask.

I'm surprised you didn't say the first thing you would do would be to stop whining and complaining. So does this mean you will continue to do so??? Rhetorical question - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I just saw that Dr. Fauci specifically said that outside we don't need to wear masks at all. He said "We need to make this transition"--so it seems that he's actually pushing us to forego masks when we're outside, which is nice. When I went to my GS's birthday this weekend which was attended by parents of the classroom kids as well as from some family, it was funny--the party was outside. Some wore masks all the time; some wore them on their chin and pulled them up when people approached; everyone seemed to not be really sure about what to do. If I took mine off, I noticed a younger parent would take theirs off. Most of the kids came with their masks on, but then took them off as the activity level increased.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don’t wear masks outside and have been to many restaurants where you can take it off as soon as you sit down. Not really a big deal for me. It will be nice to shop without it .

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t wear masks outside and have been to many restaurants where you can take it off as soon as you sit down. Not really a big deal for me. It will be nice to shop without it .
    Same for us. Outside mask wearing is advised in dense population events only. I wear a mask around those who are not vaccinated, out of respect for their health, even though they could help themselves by getting the vaccine.

Cheers to less masking

Maybe do cardio at the gym, I already do weights with a mask, though it's a pain. Mostly mask or not makes no difference.

I just saw that Dr. Fauci specifically said that outside we don't need to wear masks at all. He said "We need to make this transition"--so it seems that he's actually pushing us to forego masks when we're outside, which is nice.
    wow this is bad public health communication. "Need to make a transition" because it's all the rage I suppose, it's just time. No the need is because outdoors and distanced never was much of a threat to anyone ever, and because if people are vaccinated very little is a threat but you keep public mandates on for awhile because you don't know who is vaccinated and perhaps because there actually is still a problem getting vaccines, not because there aren't plenty but people on the margins can't arrange their life to get them so easily.
    Trees don't grow on money

The CDC just updated their guidelines, saying it is safe to go mask-less indoors and out for vaccinated people and no longer require distancing. Exceptions are crowded situation like public transportation and hospitals. It will be interesting to see how that goes.
    https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/99658...doors-cdc-says

I mostly would just like to see more smiling faces.

I don't really have a post-mask wish list. I did have some things I was eager to do once I was vaccinated, like being with people socially, dining out and staying at a hotel, but I've already been able to do those things.

I don't really have a post-mask wish list. I did have some things I was eager to do once I was vaccinated, like being with people socially, dining out and staying at a hotel, but I've already been able to do those things.
    yea pretty much vaccination changed everything*, not masks, the thing I was most eager to do turns out to be the gym as it's the first thing I rushed out and did.

* but it's a long slow mental process realizing you can do things again, needs to be eased into mentally for me it seems ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information