Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1109

Thread: Very Important Subjects

okay-----i am doing my VERY best to save energy by not using caps. i alkready said so. so yeah---thankk mee! plus---this is not the 6th or 8th grade or whateve. i am nottt pursuing a degree in litterchurr so i can get a jobb shelving books, somewhere. nope. my career choice is refurbishing and replacing steerinf collumms and stuff like that. yup--important PRODUCTIVE stuff. but yeah---the technoloigy is faulty & deficient on the other end; fyi, i have the most up-to-date & sophisticated desk top 'puter that $100(w/free shipping) can buy. yup.
    but anyway---if i could scream like s. kinison here, i would. hope that helps you some. &thenkk mee.

And here I thought you were too cheap to replace a broken keyboard, when you were picking up all the file cabinets.

okay-----some guy in no-show, zurra has this van for sale, CHEEP, and he says it needs the steering column fixed. Dozens of prospective buyers have responded to his ad, so far. Yup. How do you like that?(see photo)2024-05-08.jpg

okay----we've had some wild spring weather here, 'specially along the 60 Hwy corrider, which is a detour on tornado alley. yup. but yeah----a beautiful Ozark-style home, damaged by high winds.(see photo). hope maybbe they can straighten out summa that tin & reuse it. cost a lotta $$$ brand-new. Yup. 2024-05-09 (7).jpg

okay-----guess what? i gotta have posi in my van that i bought in "poor condition". so anyway---the rear drive axle assembly needed to be COMPLETELY replaced, so i took my tools & went waaaaay out back at the other wreckin' yard, and pulled one out've a 94 model, in good shape. but, i decided i'd use an Eaton "G80" aka Governor Lock posi I've had here for years. Well, it FIT, and i got the backlash set, but then---0the axles would not go in. different spline count! axles:30, posi:28. Ever had that happen, before? well, there are no parts vendors for those posi's even though GM offered them for half a century! i called around to the gear shops here, and they said negatory, even on used gears! so, anyway----my only real option is a cheap, chinese knockoff posi, 'cause i gotta have posi to do bleach burnouts! yup. more on this, later.

okay-----guess what? i wenta the wreckin' yard sundy; actually TWO wreckin' yards, one of which i dont go to very often & the other where i am a regular patron. well----since the last time i was there, coupla weeks ago, they got a 1990-model chevy g20 in; it's an "Anaheim" conversion, and it was pretty nice in its' day, and still not too bad. darn shame they junked 'er; you know what? i'll bet the only thing wrong with it was the steering column had that infamous wiggle, and the owner gave up tryin' ta get somebody ta fix it, so they "traded"/junked it! so anyway----since it arrived at the yard, the workers damaged it beyond repair with the forklift & other stuff they do to set it out in the yard, and THEN some other patron got in it and pulled ALL the locks out of it---ignition & all 4 doors, doing MUCH damage in the process. but yeah--it had very little rust & good paint and a very , very nice interior specvially for one 30 years old! darn shame how WASTEFUL america is! just like my G80 posi; called around toparts shops and they said those aren't serviceable, due to no spare parts. see? so, anyway, i salvaged some bits n pieces i needed for my ol' van, such as the "chevrolet" nameplate on the rear door and i'm gonna go back in a couple days and grab some pieces outta the column that the other patron left behind when they ripped it apart to get the ignition lock. oh, well. i briefly considered salbvaging the seats and carpet outta that one, then canceled the idea. already got seats that're more spartan , anyway. hope that helps you kids some.

Okay---after many starts and stops, i got a REAL pozzi put in my wreckin'-yard-new rear end assy. did this out in my driveway and it sat there for two weeks, while i waited onparts and waited for it to stop raining. Yup. but, the asian-made carrier is in there, with new side bearings, new wheel bearings & seals and new inspection cover gasket, and of course--the stabilized offa a '98 suburban. hadta weld up some brackets to set it on(see photo), and new links for it(not shown. But yeah, i drug it out backk, and prolly tomorrow I'll put the springs on and the rear end in and the new shockk eggzorbers on, AFTER I fill the axle with 2.5+ quarts o' gear lube and 4 oz of Ford Motorcrap friction modifier for pozzis. yup. how do like that? won't be long, an' i'll be doing bleach burnouts while spinning BOTH weelz? yup. and oh yeah---you kids see that red air sander sitting on the ceement under the rear end? i've had that thing for 50 years, later this year. still works good, 'cause a few years back i took 'er apart and overhauled it with new factory parts. yup(see photo)2024-05-23.jpg

okay----here's something about the tough-guy dimwits on motorcycles whose leader drove into the path of a dodge ram truck pulling an unloaded gooseneck trailer. of coure the media did their best to stir up a sxxxxstorm of outrage about a druggie immigrant driving without a license. i've already discussed this in priour posts. but yeah---at the approximate crash site, they've got a memorial w/crosses(7), i guess reminding us that those murdercyclists were crucified, i guess. people are dumb, and compound their dumbness. right? (see photo). but yeah----what's that gonna do, except keep a constant reminder to the homeowner directly across the street that yeah---a real bad & preventable wreck happened there, five years ago. See? hope that helps you some.2024-05-22 (13).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 5-23-24 at 11:10am.

oky---i needta take care o' some deferred maintenance on my hillbilly shack, before the homeowners assn gets after mee.(see photo). so, anyway----after i have an architect draw up the plans, and get all the proper permits, should i get at least 3 bids from reputable contractors, or just risk it and hire the first smooth talker that shows up, and let them bill mee after the work is done? i just know you kids've been around-the-block on this kinda stuff. thank you, and thank mee, too. yup2024-05-25 (5).jpg

okay---i just know you kids are VERY(x4444) concerned about your very most favorite country---Ukrainia, which is located in the middle o' nowhere. but yeah----summa your fellow Ukrainia supporters are having an event. (see photos). bt yeah---how do you like that?2024-05-26.jpg

Thread Information