Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Intersection of finances, family size, religion

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,276
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Goodness. And Alan thought I was wacky for posting an article about how awful the maga mindset is. His denial is all the more laughable after reading this thread’s a past few posts.
    When did MAGA get mentioned in this thread? You’re starting to see red hats behind every tree.

  2. #22
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,726
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    When did MAGA get mentioned in this thread? You’re starting to see red hats behind every tree.
    I was referring to a different thread on the assumption that most (many? at least some?) posters here read most of the threads since this board isn't really that busy. By all means continue to pretend that your political party hasn't been fully subsumed by maga. I realize that may be difficult once your likely presidential nominee is a felony convict but I'm sure you're up for the task.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,276
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I was referring to a different thread on the assumption that most (many? at least some?) posters here read most of the threads since this board isn't really that busy. By all means continue to pretend that your political party hasn't been fully subsumed by maga. I realize that may be difficult once your likely presidential nominee is a felony convict but I'm sure you're up for the task.
    OK then. Red hats behind every thread. Personally, I would be delighted to see Trump off the ballot, convicted or otherwise. I think any other GOP nominee (except mane Vivek) would have an excellent chance of defeating a Biden/Harris ticket; and that would be a good thing for the country. How “fully subsumed” is that?

  4. #24
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    14,597
    I do think it must be really difficult for the Republicans in this board to be faced with the conundrum that there are several "reasonable" Republicans out there, but they don't have a chance in hell of being the 2024 nominee unless something renders Trump unable to run. We Dems have a conundrum because we have Biden, but 1) his ratings are abysmal, even though he has done what I think is a commendable job of getting us out of COVID and staving off a recession and getting us back on track with an environmental policy; and 2) his age is a serious limitation to his popularity and thus his likelihood to get re-elected and save us all from Trump. Frankly, I wish we had a fresh start all around. Where's the reset button?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I was referring to a different thread on the assumption that most (many? at least some?) posters here read most of the threads since this board isn't really that busy. By all means continue to pretend that your political party hasn't been fully subsumed by maga. I realize that may be difficult once your likely presidential nominee is a felony convict but I'm sure you're up for the task.
    jp1 you are way outta line. What are you, a board stalking bully?
    I know you and I disagree on covid vaccines, but I have no desire to get into a political argument with you or anyone else. So go back to the public policy boards and spew your feelings there.

  6. #26
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,263
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I do think it must be really difficult for the Republicans in this board to be faced with the conundrum that there are several "reasonable" Republicans out there, but they don't have a chance in hell of being the 2024 nominee unless something renders Trump unable to run. We Dems have a conundrum because we have Biden, but 1) his ratings are abysmal, even though he has done what I think is a commendable job of getting us out of COVID and staving off a recession and getting us back on track with an environmental policy; and 2) his age is a serious limitation to his popularity and thus his likelihood to get re-elected and save us all from Trump. Frankly, I wish we had a fresh start all around. Where's the reset button?
    that “reset “idea was one on a meme I saw. It suggested someone hit our country’s Power Off button and turn it back on.
    I am not a serious person.

  7. #27
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    14,597
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    that “reset “idea was one on a meme I saw. It suggested someone hit our country’s Power Off button and turn it back on.
    Exactly. I'm thinking of it in the context of pushing the reset button to having no predetermined candidates and starting from scratch to find the best candidate.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  8. #28
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,263
    Quote Originally Posted by cx3 View Post
    jp1 you are way outta line. What are you, a board stalking bully?
    I know you and I disagree on covid vaccines, but I have no desire to get into a political argument with you or anyone else. So go back to the public policy boards and spew your feelings there.
    Please be kind to jp1. He suffers from a Trump obsession , just as a couple of others here suffer from obsessions. Like Iris with her trans idealogy. Jeppy with her masks. While irritating, we do manage to put up with the foibles of the old and obsessed folks that bleed into all threads.

    yes it is annoying and odd, but we are an annoying and odd bunch here.
    I am not a serious person.

  9. #29
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,263
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Exactly. I'm thinking of it in the context of pushing the reset button to having no predetermined candidates and starting from scratch to find the best candidate.
    Yes! Maybe “ clear the cache” would be a better analogy.
    I am not a serious person.

  10. #30
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    14,597
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes! Maybe “ clear the cache” would be a better analogy.
    That is a better one!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •